– AUGUST 2021 –
Key things to look for when choosing physiotherapy for stroke patients at home
Different kinds of strokes relate to different parts of the brain and the resulting level of physical impairment depends on which area of the brain has been impacted. This is why when it comes to choosing your physiotherapist, it is essential to work with someone who has a deep understanding of the brain and specialises in neuro physio.
Here are some of the many benefits of choosing Active Edge Physio to support you with your stroke rehabilitation:
- Your personal experience will be understood and we will treat you as a unique individual. You will never be made to feel like you have to justify how you are feeling or hold back on telling us on what you’re experiencing. We want to hear what’s real for you and make sure we give you exactly the right support to best meet your needs.
- You will receive a personal continuum of care, as we fully understand every stage of the whole rehab process, right from your admission to the Emergency Department, to acute hospital care, inpatient rehabilitation, and then on to community-based rehabilitation.
- You won’t have to explain the whole journey you’ve been through, which can be distressing to keep going over. We’ve got you covered and are familiar with every kind of stroke and the right physio needed during rehabilitation.
- You will be given everything you need for your short-term and long-term goals. We understand how overwhelming it can be to come out of hospital and be left wondering how you’re going to adapt to being at home. While in hospital, the biggest goal and focus is simply to get back home. However, it’s not until you return to your home that you realise the full extent of what you can and can’t do independently. Rehabilitation is the start of getting back to your normal life as much as possible and we’ll be with you every step of the way.
- You will receive your physio sessions in the comfort and privacy of your own home and familiar surroundings. This makes your rehab process more meaningful, as it will directly relate to your real life, everyday experience in your daily routine. You will not need to deal with the hassle of arranging transport to and from physio appointments in a clinic, resulting in you being able to conserve your energy more and save it for the neuro physio sessions.
- You will be encouraged to take control of your journey and be your own boss of the rehab sessions, as opposed to us dictating to you a tightly regimented approach that you must stick to. We’ll work with you to find out what is most important to you that you want to focus on and then mastermind how you can reach that desired goal and the exercises required to achieve this. Our flexibility will give you freedom to make choices that mean the most to you.