– OCTOBER 2021 –
The top podcasts you need to get through lockdown life
As we come to the end of our five-part blog series sharing our top tips for easing lockdown life as much as possible, we’re dedicating this final list to our favourite podcasts.
We’ve been relying on these audio treats to help distract, inspire and comfort us:
- The Imperfects – chats about how perfectly imperfect we all are.
- Serial – an investigative journalism podcast hosted by Sarah Koenig, narrating a nonfiction story over multiple episodes.
- Algorithm – a true crime podcast exploring the role of data technology and focusing on the murder of Afrikka Hardy.
- Murder in Illinois – asks the question and attempts to get to the bottom of who killed the Vaughn family.
- Stuff the British Stole – described as “the not-so-polite history” behind how the British acquired artifacts that are housed in museums and institutions across the world.
- Dolly Parton’s America – a 9-episode podcast of all things Dolly, exploring the huge impact this icon has had.
- All in the Mind – exploring the mind, brain and behaviour.
- Ladies We Need to Talk – made by women for women, delving into topics that impact women.
- You’re Wrong About – led by two journalists who re-examine people, events and phenomenon that have been misrepresented or misunderstood.
- Totes Recall – a feel-good, monthly movie review shared by comedians.
- Heart on my Sleeve – inspiring mental health stories to change stigma and bring hope.
- Man Enough – explores what it means to be a man, toxic masculinity, societal expectations, and how men can reach their potential.
- Crappy to Happy – one of the top health and wellbeing podcasts to help shift your mood, energy and motivation.